We found ourselves in Pottery Barn kids and Ella did the strangest thing. She walked over to a barrel full of toys and grabbed this 2 foot tall stuffed animal. Which doesn't sound completely strange, but I guess you'd have to know that our baby does not attach to anything, most of the time not even to her parents. So we were completely taken aback by Ella stomping around the store, with the sides of this toy crammed into her chubby little fists. Needless to say, we splurged and bought her this guy:
That's 20 inches of hot pink, corduroy mouse- named Midge.And no, there's no buyer's remorse here. I am ridiculously in love with the fact that my child now has a dance partner her size and that she has someone else's mouth to force feed crackers into, but the hot pink really threw me.
Here's my theory.
Never try and avoid certain colors when preparing for a baby.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the color pink, but I certainly haven't been its most avid fan. And I definitely did not fill little baby girl dressers with it. Needless to say, I was surprised when she completely bypassed the super tall green owl and toddled full speed towards the hot pink mouse.
You just can't run away from the color pink. Your baby girl will find it and she will looove it. Lurve it, even.
Sometimes though, especially late at night, I'm afraid Midge might go all Velveteen Rabbit on our asses.
No comments:
Post a Comment