Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pillows. Pies. Valentines.

Goodness. It's been a busy week.
Here's what I've been up to.
I know, I know...the picture quality sucks.

I've been without my card reader, so camera phone pictures it is.

For some reason I've been on a pillow making rampage. I'm actually a
n awful seamstress so my finished pillows wound up being all kinds of wonky, but they're for Ella's room. So wonky's okay by me...or her. Whatever.


I also made a Valentine's Day pie. Cherry, obviously.


I guess you could say I'm in the process of "training" for the National Pie Championships. Woohoo! (Man, I am a baking nerd.) Currently I'm trekking along, trying to master my recipes and get my time management in check. 3 hours? Two pies? Huzzah!
Can I bake you a pie? No, seriously. Can I? Eat my pie!

OH! Valentine's was ridiculously awesome. I woke up to 99 red balloons, literally, in my living room.
It was perfect. When I was younger, I used to have major issues with grand gestures of romance. I'm pretty sure my husband kicked me of the habit, or maybe he just spins it into something quirky and digestible.

We're also still waiting to hear back from Tennessee's Graduate Program. It's sticky pins and needles kind of stuff. I hate having the What's Next conversation with myself.
"But this is Plan B. There is no Plan C. Oh shit, there's no C?!"
My fingers are crossed and my breath is held. Eep.

On a much lighter note though, Happy Chinese Year!


Look at how white that baby is. Even in a changshan. Who would've guessed?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment