New resolution to update more often.
Which essentially translates to finding more time for myself.
Sweet, sweet selfish me time.
Here's the quick and dirty.
In September, Ryan and I were married again.
It was crazy stressful, awkward in all the right places and ridiculously awesome.
The only thing my mom and I fought over was the whole pie vs. cake ordeal.
Our compromise went something like this:
D: Fine, I'll have a cake. But it needs to be awesome.
M: Deal. What kind of cake do you want?
D: Kenyah tribal battle shield!
Exhibit A: Shield from my mom's family (the ones in the jungle).
Exhibit B: Battle Cake!

Huzzah! Everybody was happy!
And hopefully I scored some points with my long lost headhunter ancestors. Which is never a bad thing, right?
After the wedding Ryan made a huge career change and picked up a shiny new job (salary and benefits and daytime hours, oh my!) Although deep down, he'll always be my favorite salty bartender.
The holidays came blazing around the corner in a rush of too much food, lots of family time and a whole lotta pie.
Ella's birthday was on the tail end of the season and we celebrated at home and at my friends' wedding.
She was pretty much the sleepiest kid throughout the entire weekend. Although, she did manage to shake her stuff at the reception. Just a bit.
And as of right now?
We're the proud parents of a full blown toddler, whose favorite thing, as of today, is walking backwards in circles.
And to honor Ella's first 12 months of life, here's a group of pictures I call "Thanks for being such a good sport about all of this!"

And maybe just one that's not completely silly.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment